Our "Root Causes for Retail Deductions Workshop" was such a success! It was so good to get back to our roots, helping the vendor community better understand the reasons for allowable retail deductions; what a great turn out! Whether the issue was tag or label failures, VAS, early or late shipments, shortages, we got into the thick of things! We endeavored to show vendors that shipping to retailers isn't a hopeless exercise. Profit dilution occurs time after time, but simple, quick changes to your order fulfillment processes can save you a lot of heartache, and more importantly, real dollars.
For a couple of hundred dollars for registration, attendees got to experience some great presentations, panel discussions, and round tables covering the top eight root causes for deductions. The next day, the crew from Dynamic Distribution – Andrew, Charlie, Frank, and Leif, were kind enough to take the entire group on a tour of their facility in North Bergen, NJ. The group had a chance to see how their products are being handled for such retailers as The Bon-Ton, Stage Stores, Burlington Stores, Citi Trends, Deb Shops, Hobby Lobby, Lord & Taylor, TJX, Ross Stores, and many more. In addition, they had a chance to walk through Macy's 1:1 Consolidation Center. All very neat stuff and I wanted to send a personal thanks to Dynamic for making this happen.
RVCF plans to do something similar in the Los Angeles, CA area in the first quarter of 2015.
As for the RVCF Annual Fall Conference, with just 6 weeks left, the RVCF Team has been busy attending to all of the final details.
Here's the latest news on event preparations:
Our room block at the Camelback is now sold out; however, there is a waiting list. We have also secured rooms at the nearby Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas. Shuttle service will be provided throughout the day and evening between the two properties.
CLICK HERE or call the Camelback directly at (480) 948-1700 to add your name to the waiting list.
CLICK HERE or call the reservation line at (480) 948-7750 to reserve a room at the Hilton Scottsdale. Be sure to refer to the name of the group (RVCF) to receive the special group rate of $159.00 per night.
We are pleased to welcome a growing list of retailers this year, some of which will be attending for the first time. Through supplier breakout sessions, presentations and 1:1 meetings there will be plenty of opportunities for collaboration and networking. Below is a sample of those currently committed to attend:
Retailer Specific Breakouts
- Burlington Stores - Overview on their "One Point of Contact" program
- Dillard's - Business strategies for the future and best practices for maximizing speed to market. Plus an opportunity to tour their Phoenix area Distribution Center
- Cabela's - The importance of EDI and growth, activity based costing, and improving performance for increased speed to market (Open to all suppliers and retailers in attendance)
- Cabela's - Their journey to streamline their return to vendor process
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Kohl's - Improving supply chain efficiency, transportation opportunities and packing best practices.
- Dick's Sporting Goods - Introduction of their new vendor web portal
- Hudson's Bay Company
- Sears Holding Company
- The Next Generation of Data Sharing - Family Dollar and Retail Solution Inc.
- EDI-enabled Pathways to Streamline and Simplify Direct-to-Consumer (Drop-Ship) Fulfillment - Nordstrom and eZCom
- Sears Omni-Channel Journey: Buy Online, Pick up at the Store - Sears Holding Company (Open to attending Retailers only)
Retailers Participating in 1:1 Supplier Meetings
- Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Bealls Outlet
- Big Lots!
- Bobs Stores
- Burlington Stores
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Eastern Mountain Sports
- Family Dollar
- Hudson's Bay
- Journeys (Retail)
- Lids (Retail)
- Lord & Taylor
- Neiman Marcus
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Sears Holding Company
- Stage Stores
- Stein Mart
- The Buckle
- The Container Store
- The Home Depot
- The Sports Authority
The 1:1 meeting requests survey will be sent to all registrants in early October.
Other Attending Retailers
- Advance Auto Parts
- American Eagle
- Pep Boys
- Tractor Supply
Along with excellent content provided by industry experts, the agenda also includes panel discussions, Open Forum sessions, a tour of the nearby Dillard's Distribution Center (Dillard's suppliers only) plus 2 bonus sessions hosted by GS1 addressing RFID and Sporting Goods Images and Attributes.
For those that have already registered, we look forward to seeing you soon. If you have not yet registered, what are you waiting for? If you have questions or need assistance, feel free to contact me or any member of the RVCF Team.
Remember, we don't make the RVCF Fall Conference a success – you do!
CLICK HERE to return to the SEPTEMBER 2014 RVCF LINK