ASN Best Practices for Vendors & Retailers
Retailer Open Forum
Supplier Open Forum
2014 Spring Conference
Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
SAVE THE DATES!
2014 Fall Conference
Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
From the Desk of Kim Zablocky:
A Look Ahead
2014 should be an active year for RVCF. We plan a deep dive into the following areas that have long interested our membership:
- Identifying KPI's for best in class retail supplier scorecards. RVCF will be joining Supply Chain Insights to give those KPI's weight and financial value by partnering in a study that will be presented at the Spring Conference this May.
- Exploring RTV's. We'll also be participating in a study on how suppliers can drive value from returns as well as looking into returns in an omni-channel environment.
- Best in class business intelligence tools. RVCF seeks to optimize their offering in the retail trading partner relationship.
- ASN's and other EDI transaction sets. They'll be unplugged and reviewed from both a retail as well as supplier perspective.
- Merchandise flow planning. Focusing on ways to derive maximum benefits for both brick-and-mortar stores as well as omni-channel.
- Receiving and freight audit tools. Leveraging the use of mobile technology.
- Shortages and shrinkage. Two of the most despised words in retail examined.
- A "look ahead" theme at our Fall Conference. What retail-supplier collaboration should look like years from now - exciting stuff!
- Partnering with GS1 US. Assisting them in driving beneficial retail industry standards for both sides of the trading partner relationship.
- Education for merchandise suppliers. The goal is to maximize efficiencies and reduce costly errors that wind up as expensive deductions.
All in all, let's stay focused on the ultimate prize - assuring retailers receive their orders to their specifications and that merchandise suppliers are paid in full. The desire is there; we just need a little practice - best practices that is.