RVCF Spotlight: Conference One-on-One Meetings
by Susan Haupt, RVCF
One-on-One Meetings began as casual, ad-hoc conversations between Retailers and Merchandise Suppliers during RVCF Conferences. Fast-forward to today where One-on-One meetings have become a signature session on every agenda with literally hundreds of meetings taking place during the course of each RVCF conference.
The meetings themselves look something like “speed dating”. Retailers are situated at tables in a separate area of the event venue during designated meeting times. Merchandise suppliers report to the meeting area and move among the tables in 15-20 minute intervals following their pre-assigned meeting schedule. The area is closely monitored by RVCF Staff to make sure that the meetings run smoothly and on time. Discussions may include performance reviews, upcoming initiatives, deduction evaluation, and more.
Retailers wishing to conduct One-on-One Meetings with their merchandise suppliers need only advise an RVCF Staff member of their interest and availability to meet. We will notify you of your meeting requests including the supplier number and topic(s) to be discussed. Only the requests that you approve will be included in your schedule, which is sent the week prior to the conference.
Merchandise Suppliers wishing to participate in One-on-One Meetings with their retailer trading partners must register for the event and pay their conference registration fee. In the weeks prior to the conference, an on-line survey will be sent through which meetings are requested. All registrants that requested meetings will receive a schedule of their approved meetings the week prior to the conference.
To make the most of this unique opportunity for collaboration, please be mindful of this timeline.
- On-going - Retailers commit to One-on-One Participation.
- 6 weeks prior to conference – RVCF launches meeting request survey to paid registrants. Please complete the survey as thoroughly as possible including your availability for meetings. Be sure to take into account travel plans and sessions that you don't want to miss.
- 5 weeks prior to conference – meeting requests are distributed to Retailers for review and approval.
- 4 weeks prior to conference – scheduling of retailer-approved meetings take place.
- 1 week prior to conference – schedules are distributed to Retailer and Merchandise Supplier participants.
While the process has evolved over the years, the purpose remains unchanged; to provide an environment for Retailers and Suppliers to meet, exchange valuable feedback concerning their business relationships and pave the way for future dialog. All participants benefit from being able to meet with multiple trading partners in one location during the course of a single trip saving precious travel dollars.